Fire War (Fire War Trilogy Book 1)

Fire War (Fire War Trilogy Book 1) - Michael T. Murray The United States of America has now become the United Continental States of America or UCSA if you prefer. UCSA makes up the three North American countries, the United States, Canada and Mexico with one President. The people love that the president has finally gotten the three countries to unite as it has brought unemployment up and terrorism down making it a better place to live.

The people follow the rules and orders of the president without question. They believe in everything he says and does. People like when things are running smoothly and they don’t have to get involved. They can turn their eyes elsewhere and not look or help out a fellow neighbor. But who can really blame them because if they look or help out then they and their families could disappear as well and who wants that.

Anthony Jackson is a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marines and probably the best snipper ever. He trains other Marines to be the best. Being in the Marines has cost Jackson valuable time with his wife and two daughters over the years and he is ready to return home to try and make up some of that time with them if possible.

Jackson doesn’t really know what he is going to do when he returns home but that question is answered real quickly when he saves the presidents life and is offered a position to protect the president in Washington.

When his oldest daughter Maya starts to question everyone’s freedom and rights and starts to hang out with the wrong people Jackson starts to worry about his family and their freedom. He is afraid that they too will disappear in the middle of the night so to speak. When it comes down to choosing between his daughter and his family and his country Jackson has some hard decision and choices to make or to think about.

I love me some dystopian books and I am so glad that I gave Fire War a try. Yeah when I read the summary I knew I had to read it. I didn’t sign up to read it at first but you know there are just some books that just keep calling your name so to speak. I knew then that I couldn’t pass it up and I am so glad that I listened. I love the world that the author has created for Fire War and can’t wait to dive into the next book Fire War II: Treason.