13 Deja Vu: An Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction

13 Deja Vu: An Anthology of Horror and Dark Fiction - Sara Schoen, Taylor Henderson, Erin Lee, Carissa Ann Lynch, Bradon Nave, Luke Swanson, Marissa Farrar, Jackie Sonnenberg, Elizabeth Roderick, Samie Sands, S. Valentine, D.A. Roach, Thomas S. Flowers Featuring Mytopia by Samie Sands

Mia is a young girl whom her mother has sheltered and tried to protect all her life. She just wants her little girl to be safe and not to get hurt. So that is probably why Mia has always kept to herself never letting anyone in resulting in her having no friends. You see Mia is blind and that is why her mother tries to keep her from harm.

When a virus starts to run wild in the outside world Mia’s mother who is a nurse tries to keep her from listening to the news but when she is called into work Mia desperate to know what is going turns the tv on as soon as her mother is out the door.

When her mother doesn’t return after a few days Mia gets worried but when she receives a phone call from her mother and then the line goes dead Mia has no clue what she should do. Should she go out to find for her mother not knowing what is happening? Should she go out into a world that is being over by a virus when she can’t see? Oh my oh my what will happen to Mia who is all alone?

I have enjoyed reading Mia’s story and would love to read more from her world. What is Mia and her mother’s story? Where is Mia’s mother? Is she safe? What happens to Mia?

Mytopia is the only story so far that I have read from the anthology of 13 Déjà vu (thanks to Samie Sands for the opportunity) I do plan on reading more at a later date. Mytopia is just the beginning and just enough to whet the appetite setting me up for more from this great set of short stories.

If you have not read 13 Déjà vu anthology then let me suggest that you do. What are you waiting for? Pick up your copy today.